We don’t do a Free CRM Trial
and here’s why
Like many software businesses we used to offer a free trial of our CRM. We followed the industry and had a page where anyone could signup for a 30 day free trial of our software without any contact from us.
For a business that is hugely service driven, we always missed the lack of contact this brought.
What we also noticed was that people who sign up didn’t get the most from the trial for a number of reasons:
1. They weren’t the right type of organisation to benefit from our application.
2. They had very little time to actually investigate or use the trial, or even set it up fully.
3. They knew they needed “CRM” (maybe because someone told them!) but were unsure what it was or how it would help their business.
4. They thought they could just open a trial account and it would fix all their business problems.
5. They weren’t committed to introducing “CRM” as a process as well as a software system.
But, it’s not just that people need help setting up their CRM to fit their business. If you give something away free, then you devalue your own efforts. Your work is valued at nothing and it’s hard to convince others that the days and nights we spend crafting our best-in-class software is worth investing in.
So what do we do instead?
We want to help companies who are looking to solve a problem or improve the sales function of their business. Our current customers will tell you that our greatest strength is our support so we want to demonstrate this from the start.
We now like to have a chat with you first, even if just over email. We want to get a basic idea of the business challenges you are trying to solve so we can help tailor BuddyCRM for you. By having a quick email exchange, or chat on the phone, we can make the best use of your time.
We can advise whether we are the right product for you and help match your sales process or business challenges into our application. It will help save you time in the long run.
We are passionate about how our software can help organisations make their sales processes more consistent, more straightforward and more collaborative (as well as more profitable!). As such, we work closely with our customers, who view us as a partner as much as a supplier. You can read more about who we are and our approach here.